Your website is your digital shop front to the entire world and is the first place that people come to when they want to buy something from you or extend their relationship with you.
There is a large and very confusing market developed around websites and how you make them work effectively for your business. Handle has been created to help small business owners focus on the key areas that are going to drive more sales and make an impact to the bottom line.
Have a specific question about the Handle website report? Use the links below to jump to a section.
1. Your website score
Your business’s website is the hub of your marketing activity and is the destination you want all paths to lead to. Leads, prospects, customers, suppliers, employees, investors everybody will visit your website to make a decision about your business. A strong website is fundamental to business success but the data generated by your website can be overwhelming.
Handle measures the success of your website by evaluating three key fundamentals of online success;
- Can your customers find your website?
- Can they use it and get what they want when they do find it?
- Can they trust it?
How is it calculated?
Your Handle website score is calculated on a scale of 0 – 1000 and scored against the three factors above: how well it ranks in the major search engines, how easy it is to use across different devices plus, its levels of security levels.
The data used to calculate the website score is gathered from multiple sources including SEO analysis tools as well as website diagnostic tools from Google and Microsoft.
What a high score means
The higher the score the better your website is at reaching, attracting and engaging visitors and then converting those visitors into customers.
2. Search rankingThis shows the current position of your website in the Google and Bing search results. This will also exclude any search preferences or cookies associated to your individual device so is a truer reflection of whether a potential customer can find your website via search. The higher the ranking (lower the number) the easier your website is to find and the more people you will have visiting your website.
Links to your site
This shows that amount of links that are pointing back to your website. The more trustworthy and relevant links to your website the better. Having a good profile of backlinks tells search engines that your website is authoritative and trustworthy so will raise your website in the ranks.
The age of your siteThis tells you how the age of your website might be affecting your search rankings. If you have a younger website it could be affecting your SEO as your website might not contain enough content or backlinks to boost your SEO performance.
Back to top ^
3. SecurityWebsite security and cyber security more generally is a critical factor impacting business success today. Customers want to ensure that their information is secure if they share it with you via your website and websites that apply the latest security protocols are rewarded with increased search engine visibility by the major search engines. SSL certificates are small data files that enable your website to use an encryption key linked to your company. It activates the padlock and the https protocol allowing secure connections and reducing the risk of site hacking or data breaches.
Back to top ^
4. OptimisationWebsite optimisation is arguably the most important element of a successful website. Visitors and traffic to your website is one thing but if your website is so confusing or complicated that nobody can find what they want then the impact is obvious.
Ensuring that your website is set up to efficiently and effectively help your visitors to find and do what they want, where ever they are and whenever they visit is critical
How is it calculated?Your Website optimisation score is on a scale from 0 – 100 and is calculated from several factors including the quality of the underlying code, the number of components (e.g. images, videos) on the page and its adaptability to different devices. The data used to calculate this score is gathered from diagnostic tools from the likes of Google and Microsoft.
What a high score meansThe more people that find and can take action on your website the more money that ends up in your business. by providing an easy and seamless online experience your customers will also keep coming back again and again, costing you less money to acquire and to serve.
Of all the areas of the sales funnel that a website performs, optimising your website for conversion is the single most effective way to drive online sales growth.
Questions?If you have any questions about any of the data in your Handle website report, please email [email protected] with some details and we’ll take a look for you.
Back to top ^